Wednesday, May 31, 2006

A Good Man Indeed . . .

I went to a conference last week for an organization that I’m on the Board of Directors for . . . Housing California. Naturally, the conference was on affordable housing. I’m not a big fan of conferences, but this conference was very good (and that has nothing to do with me being on the planning committee).

One of the highlights of the conference was hearing Andy Goodman speak to a general session of the conference. He spoke about the power of story telling, and along the way, told some amazing stories himself. I highly recommend checking out his website, which you can find at www.agoodmanonline.com. Mr. Goodman told illustrated to the audience how simply telling a story can be more powerful than any stats, numbers, or figures. People can relate to stories better than they can relate to stats. Based on my experience, Mr. Goodman speaks the gospel.

Mr. Goodman was the writer and co-producer the ABC-TV show "Dinosaurs". If you don’t remember the show, you’ll be interested to know the series was just released on DVD. If you’re like me, and were a fan of the show, you’ll be interested to know the series was just released on DVD.

Mr. Goodman helps non-profit organizations develop their message and their stories, so they can more effectively communicate with the public. Anyway, I hope you enjoy the resources on Mr. Goodman’s website.

Kosher Ham

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home