Wednesday, February 22, 2006

One Fine Messi . . .

If you don’t like soccer, stop reading.

If you do, Asier Del Horno (in blue, on the ground) deserved his red card. Leo Messi (in yellow, just been knocked for a loop) may have played-acted to draw a stronger reaction from the referee, but if he did, he learned from watching Chelsea’s own Arjen Robben's (in blue, finishing off Messi) play-acting get Liverpool goalie Pepe Reina sent off a couple of weeks ago.

Aside from Messi’s reaction to being bowled over by Del Horno, that tackle was just plain horrible. Del Horno looked like an NFL player trying wipe out a wide-receiver. Since when are tackles made that high in soccer?

Aside from that major flashpoint, it was a great game. The return leg to Barcelona in a couple of weeks will be a classic. Don’t miss it.

If you are following the wager between my barber and I, well, I would give myself the advantage at this point. 3 of his teams lost the first leg, the other tied. 2 of my teams won, 1 tied, and 1 lost.

I think I’ll be going in for a clip soon.

Kosher Ham

PS – All apologies for the super-cheeky title, but I just couldn’t resist. You’d think I work for The Sun or something . . . wink, wink, nudge, nudge.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home