Tuesday, February 21, 2006

Football Haven . . .

For those of you who are wondering how I keep my hair so cool looking, I’ll let you in on my little secret. I get my hair cut at the “too cool for school” salon Sanctuary. My wife had been going there for a few years, and just before our wedding, she demanded I get a real haircut. It seems it was time for me to graduate from Supercuts . . . especially for the wedding.


So, I went in and got an amazing haircut from a really cool guy named Alonso (that’s him in the picture). He’s been cutting my hair ever since. It didn’t take long for us to realize we were both soccer fans. Now, every time I get my haircut I can look forward to arguing about soccer (sometimes literally, and if he didn’t have a pair of scissors and a razor at his ready, I wouldn’t back down on the quality of South American defenders so easily).


Today, the knock-out stages of the UEFA Champions League begin. The Champions League is the crème-de-la-crème of European Football competition, and possibly some of the greatest games in the world. Alonso and both chose four teams we thought would reach the semi-finals:

Alonso - Real Madrid, Bayern Munich, Chelsea, Liverpool
Josh - Lyon, Villareal, Barcelona, Liverpool


Don’t worry . . . no money will change hands . . . just bragging rights. Of course, he’ll always be the guy with the razor.

Kosher Ham

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home